Tuesday, March 18, 2008

And the Rain Came

The post involving our weekend fun will have to wait. It's a hurricanado outside! I thought I would share some of the scenery from our area today. This is a normally dry field out by my in-laws place. It's not dry today.
We thought we would cut through on some back roads. We weren't brave (or stupid) enough to cross here. We turned around.

This is the highway leading north out of town. They were making sure that no brave/stupid people crossed on the paved road.
Hey, look down there. That's where I work. In the top left hand side of the picture below. (Just in case anybody was wondering.)

This is the river here in town. It normally stays well within its banks, slowly meandering along its well worn path. Today it swelled through the trees and power poles completely covering the park beside the river.
The little green thing out in the middle of the water is a sign with the name of the park on it. It is probably 7 or 8 feet high.
Shawn and I thought this picture was impressive. I thought the water was impressive. Shawn thought it was the superior engineering that designed the pole placement which enabled the pole to withstand the pressure of the water.
A little creek that turned into a raging river.
The view from the other side of the bridge.

1 comment:

Jeff and Mandee said...

Good grief! Its twice as bad up there. A man was swept away on a low water bridge in West Fork yesterday. Scary stuff!

I told mom I was going to take some pictures around here too. Its not as bad as the spring of 04, but its getting there.